Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen

Plot Summary:

     Welcome to Nottingham! Will Scarlet is one of Robin Hood's Merry Men, only without the "man" part. She's really a girl with a secret identity who is hiding from the evil Lord Gisbourne, also called "The Thief Taker." Indecently, thieving is exactly what Will does best, a pastime that will not only get the slight girl into trouble, but will also take the captivating Robin in with her. Robin, who has her loyalty, Robin who could have even more than that...


Personal Response:

     The story of Robin Hood is a personal favorite, I have never met a version of Robin Hood I didn't like, so I was all too excited to dig into this book after I saw it in a New York City library last year. I have to say that I reaped the reward for my zest. The story was fantastic! This version is very different from the other Robin Hoods! I protested throughout most of the book, how is Will Scarlet, whom I was really beginning to like, supposed to be Robin's girl? There is only one girl for Robin and that is Maid Marian, everyone knows that! Having said that, the author found a way to make everything work out to my satisfaction in the end! Read Scarlet, enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment